The project site is located inside the green area called Rhike Park, in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The building consists of two different soft shaped elements that are connected as a unique body at the retaining wall. Every elements has his own function: The Musical Theatre and the Exhibition Hall.
The north part of the building contains the Musical Theatre Hall (566 seats), the foyer and several facilities, together with technical spaces for theatre machinery and various storages.
The Exhibition Hall opens his great entrance with a ramp that brings visitors from the street level.
The Music Theatre Hall, on the contrary, soars from the ground and allows the users staying in the foyer and in the cafeteria to have a view to the river and the skyline of the city.
It is a periscope to the city and looks towards the river framing the historic core of the Old Tbilisi. Source by Studio Fuksas.
- Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Architects: Studio Fuksas
- Architectural Project:Massimiliano and DorianaFuksas
- General Contractor: Permasteelisa S.P.A.
- Engineering: Studio Sarti, Ai Engineering
- Acoustics: Ai Engineering
- Client: Tbilisi Development Fund
- Area: Site 10 000 m2
- Gross Floor Area: 9 200 m2
- Music Theatre: 550 Seats – 900 m2
- Exhibition Hall: 2000 m2
- Materials Structure: Reinforced Concrete And Steel
- Opaque Coating: Stainless Steel Panels
- Transparent Coating: Double Gazing
- Year: Concept Design: 5 July 2010
- Preliminary Project: 14 December 2010
- Tender Phase: 20 May 2011
- Status: 2010-Ongoing
- Photographs: Joel Rookwood, Nikolay Kaloshin, Sophia Arabidze, Courtesy Of Studio Fuksas
Article by Marco Rinaldi