Due to the deep nature of this project, the main idea was to allow natural light to enter every single space.
Thus subtracting from the overall mass and creating a horizontal void through the entire building allowed us to gain the most natural light and form pleasant green terrace spaces in the heart of the building.
Vertical louvers have been used on the south facade of the building to control direct sun light and to gain a more consistent looking facade.
On the north facade however the louvers are set further apart as there is no direct light needing to be blocked whilst allowing sufficient natural light to enter the space.
When designing this project we strived to create quiet spaces with adequate natural lighting and ventilation to form sustainable office environments. Source by DAAL Architecture Studio.
- Location: Tehran, Iran
- Architects: DAAL Architecture Studio
- Project Team: Alireza Esfandiari, Hilda Tehrani
- Design Associate: Atousa Shiran, Mohammadreza Esfandiari
- Client: Industrial Project Management of Iran
- Status: Competition Proposal
- Year: 2016
- Images: Courtesy of DAAL Architecture Studio
Article by Marco Rinaldi