The Capital City of Prague has announced “The Footbridge Holešovice – Karlín International Design Competition” that should bring an architectural and structural design proposal for a pedestrian bridge across the Vltava River.
This bridge will connect the riverbanks of Karlín, Holešovice and the Štvanice Island. Up to this day the Prague districts Karlín and Holešovice suffer from the lack of good pedestrian and cycling connection.
The new footbridge should provide a convenient and simple connection between this two riverbanks. The competition design should propose a citywide connection between this two districts with an access to the Štvanice Island. Source and images, Courtesy of IPR Praha.
- Competition awards
- 1st prize 1,000,000 CZK
- 2nd prize 600,000 CZK
- 3rd prize 350,000 CZK
- Honourable mentions: 50,000 CZK
- Competition Schedule
- Competition launched: 10 April 2017
- Deadline for questions on the competition subject: 27. 6. 2017
- Deadline for answering the questions: 11. 7. 2017
- Deadline for questions on the organizational issues: 11. 7. 2017
- Deadline for submissions: 25. 7. 2017
Article by Marco Rinaldi