Bringing together some of the most innovative women in architecture to reflect on and highlight the achievements, ideas, and dialogues of unrealised projects which have never been built, yet profoundly contribute to the built environment, this series of conversations is curated by Melodie Leung of Zaha Hadid Architects and hosted by the Ace Hotel London Shoreditch.
Any design practice, as well as the architecture industry as a whole, exists as the result of a continually evolving body of work and collaborative associations. To consider the impact and intention of this process before they fall from memory, is to acknowledge how the ideas which shape tomorrow are rooted in the transformation of the designs of yesterday and today.
In partnership with Ala Champ Magazine as part of the London Festival of Architecture, this series of talks will reflect on the values and strategies embraced in the design process such as abstraction, innovation, evolution, revolution, and longevity. Also on display in the Ace Hotel Gallery Bar will be a site-specific exhibition featuring projects not yet realised, designed by the participating architects.
• Melodie Leung Associate, Zaha Hadid Architects; Architecture Editor, Ala Champ Magazine
• Alison Brooks Principal and Creative Director of Alison Brooks Architects
• Eva Jiricna Founder of Eva Jiricna Architects
• Francesca Hughes Lecturer at The Architectural Association and The Bartlett
• Francesca Sarti Founder of Arabeschi di Latte
• Hélène Binet Photographer
• Jane Duncan 75th President of the Royal Institute of British Architects
• Kate Goodwin Head of Architecture and Drue Heinz Curator at the Royal Academy of Arts
• Lily Jencks Founder of Jencks Squared and Lily Jencks Studio
• Lisa Rammig Associate at Eckersley O’Callaghan
• Madelon Vriesendorp Co‐founder of OMA
• Manja van de Worp Director, YIP Structural Engineering
• Melissa Woolford Founder and Director of the Museum of Architecture
• Sarah Castle Founding Director of IF_DO
• Manijeh Verghese Head of Lectures and Public Programme Curator, Architectural Association
• Sara Klomps Associate Director at Zaha Hadid Architects
• Suzanne Trocme Author, curator, commentator, designer and editor‐at‐large, Wallpaper*
• Tatiana von Preussen Co‐founder of vPPR
Article by Marco Rinaldi