10 DESIGN is the Master Planner for the Jefaira development, overlooking the enchanting shores of the Mediterranean on the Egyptian North Coast. The site of 550 hectares stretches 3 km along the seafront with natural beaches and cliffs forming a unique topography.
INERTIA Properties’ vision for the project is to create a world class residential and tourism community that is environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable. The ultimate goal is to design a vibrant urban environment with a network of public areas, celebrating the Egyptian culture together with the Mediterranean context.
Gordon Affleck, Design Partner at 10 DESIGN, said, “In order to create a truly sustainable development, a wide range of public amenity areas are provided with strong interconnections; these amenities are clearly defined and organized around outdoor spaces which are activated by programs and functions.”
The Master Plan contains 10,000 to 12,000 residential units, supported by a comprehensive and diverse range of community facilities including schools and colleges, a sports academy, swimming pools, and a health and wellness centre. Extensive tourism facilities are provided including marinas with promenade cafes, restaurants, retail spaces, hotels, and a convention centre. Source by 10 DESIGN.
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Architect: 10 DESIGN
- Design Partner: Gordon Affleck
- Design Director: Paul Rodgers
- Project Team: Valentin Hunzinger, Alex Cozma, Jon Derrin, Ewa Koter, Peter Alsterholm, Yasser Salomon, and Sergii Zvagolskyi
- Local Consultant: Concord Consulting Group, Cairo
- Landscape Designer: Can.X Design
- Visualiser: SAN
- Client: INERTIA Properties
- Site Area: 5,500,000sqm
- GFA: 1,309,553sqm
- Residential Area: 1,025,303sqm
- Public and Tourism Facilities Area: 284,250sqm
- Residential: 10,000 to 12,000 units
- Year: 2017
- Images: Courtesy of 10 DESIGN
Article by Marco Rinaldi