The context in its distances, alignments, proportions, define the mass.
The program determines the project.
A meeting centre for large gatherings or small groups.
The ceiling, in its variations and geometry answers the program.
A complete horizontal clearness outlines the space as a whole, which as atmosphere opposes to the weight of the vertical voids.
The support functions deepen the external and peripheral wall.
The final image is determined by the interaction of internal space and occupied façade. Source by Aires Mateus.
- Location: Grândola, Portugal
- Architect: Aires Mateus
- Architect in Charge: Manuel Aires Mateus, Francisco Aires Mateus
- Project Leader: Jorge P Silva
- Collaborators: Marco Campolongo, Matteo Foresti, Előd Golicza
- Engineering: Axial / Três Cês
- Constructor: Manuel Mateus Frazão
- Client: Santa Casa Da Misericórdia De Grândola
- Surface Area: 670 m2
- Date of Construction: 2016
- Photographs: Nelson Garrido Courtesy of Aires Mateus
Article by Marco Rinaldi