Our ambition was to rethink the concept of a boutique hotel and tropical architecture for the 21st century.
Embracing the lush climate, but drawing attention inward, the bulbous design comprises a stack of interlocking rings.
These producing a continual rhythmic cycle of entertainment and relaxation through terraces, roof gardens, and hotel amenities.
The experience moves from communal, recreational spaces in the central enclosure to a collection of bespoke guest rooms along the upper reaches of the building. Source by CAZA.
- Location: Boracay, Philippines
- Architect: CAZA
- Architect of Record: Nsi Architecture Planner Consultancy
- Project Team: Carlos Arnaiz, Laura Del Pino, Shelby Ponce, Tzu-Yin Wang, Yvonne Demitra Konstantinidis, Alex Tseng
- General Contractor: Cavdeal
- Consultants: Sean Bryner S. Rey
- Client: Luana Hotels
- Year: 2017
- Photographs: Frank Callaghan, Courtesy of CAZA
Article by Marco Rinaldi