Norwegian Geotechnical Institute, Norway’s largest geotechnical specialist community and a leading centre of research and consultancy in engineering-related geosciences, selected Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects to design a new, contemporary campus.
The new complex will not only create a knowledge axis in northern Oslo, but also introduce indoor and outdoor spaces for the public in an area that will see increased pedestrian and bicycle traffic in the coming years. Source by Norwegian Geotechnical Institute by Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects.
- Location: Oslo, Norway
- Architect: Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects
- Local Architect: SJ Architects (detail regulation responsible)
- Client: NGI – Norwegian Geotechnical Institute
- Area: Approx. 30,000 m2
- Status: The regulatory process began in December 2017
- Images: Courtesy of Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects
Article by Marco Rinaldi