The Expo Guadalajara Technical Committee invited 5 different Mexican architecture studios to participate in the design competition for the conceptual proposal for the extension of this trade fair venue in the capital of Jalisco state.
Following a lengthy competition period, Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos has resulted the winner with a conceptual project that takes as its main objective: the creation of a multifunctional space with an important urban interaction.
The final Project will be constructed in a 12,000 sqm site, at the intersection of Mariano Otero and Las Rosas Avenues, in Guadalajara city, and it will part of the Expo Guadalajara’s renovation project.
With the intention of amplifying sensations and activities towards the city, SMA’s design includes an open urban plaza at the center, being the cohesive element of this new social meeting point.
The urban plaza is a multifunctional space that integrates commercial, cultural, gastronomic, touristic and exposition spaces. Source by Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos.
- Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Architect: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- President: Javier Sordo Madaleno Bringas
- Architecture Leaders: Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro, Fernando Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leaders: Boris Pena, Rodrigo Flores
- Project Manager: Farid Hernández
- Project Team: Adrián Aguilar, Diego Ladrón de Guevara, Francisco Barrera, Rommel González, Andrés Burguete
Engineering Coordination: Marcos Hernández
- Media & Marketing: Rosalba Rojas, Daniela Cruz, Angélica Chávez
- Structural Engineering: Alba Proyecto Estructural
- Renderings: SMA / CG Verón
- Client: Expo Guadalajara
- Area: 12,000 sqm
- Year: 2018
- Images: Courtesy of Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
Article by Marco Rinaldi