A Pedestrian bridge for passengers and cyclists which providing visual connection between two areas or a sculpture or art work, with respect the function, aesthetics, artistic, static and sustainability.
The passengers who use the bridge should carry an experience, a story and a memory from the bridge, and they should be able to spend a leisure on that bridge with a main activity/ or activities to be performed.
Linking between Zamalek and Mohandeseen Districts. Concept Based on the surroundings from culture and arts landmarks such as; culture wheel, Balloon Theater, National Circus and Ministry of Culture.
Applying music WAV file frequencies on the twist modifier on 3d max, to simulate a dance to the bridge slabs and creating a theatre “main activity” between the two slabs as a link between them.
Keywords for Concept
(1) Multi-Level: two levels; one for bicycles and the other for pedestrians and they are connected by a theatre
(2) Iconic: an artistic expression skyline through the twisted structure
(3) Dynamic: movable shading system for the theater area
(4) Activities: Performance activities in the theater zone and a small restaurant with wide view for on Nile
(5) Interactive: responsive kinetic shell has interactive lighting system based on people motion
1- The slabs structured by space frames due to its lightweight
2- The two slabs (levels) are attached by huge truss system.
3- The load of the bridge transferred to foundation by twisted large steel structure attached by cables from sides of the bridge, and lay on the four columns and transfer the load to the abutments. Source by Mohamed Elbangy.