An unusual tower with hanging gardens, in the centre of the new district La Défense, this 200-metre tall skyscraper quite singularly extends the great historic axis of Paris.
Through sliding, the superimposed volumes successively revel three hotel complexes, offices and at roof level, a belvedere that caters to the general public or exceptional events.
At each interface a double height, extended by a garden terrace overlooking the city, accommodates the hotel lobbies.
A double lift circuit, vertically extends the street space within the edifice to lead directly to each lobby and the belvedere, and then ensures access to intermediate floors of each hotel.
Through its brief, its accessibility and architectural treatment, the Jardins de l’Arche Tower is like an open project that animates and intensifies the public space. Source by Ateliers 2/3/4/.
- Location: Boulevard de La Défense, Nanterre, France
- Architects: Ateliers 2/3/4/
- Architects in charge: Réda Mazouz, Project Director Sylvain Rauzier, Project Architect. (competition 2015): Gabriel Garcia, Daphné Boyer, Architects. Emilie Bernard (BIM Manager), Fabrizio Glorioso et Gulio Tarquini (3d images), Tae Hyung Kim (models)
- Consultants: Naos Groupe and Amundi Asset Management, Socotec/Egis/Berim/SIDF
- Planner: EPADESA
- Developers: ADIM Paris Ile de France (Vinci Construction France) – SOGEPROM
- Hotel Operator: IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group)
- Sustainable Development: BREEAM excellent, LEED gold, HQE Excellent, Chantier Attitude environnement
- BIM 1: REVIT
- Video: Agence Martingale
- Area: 65,000m2
- Competition: December 2016
- Completion: 2022
- Images: Ateliers 2/3/4/