We invite designers from around the world to submit their ideas of architecture that reacts. That means architecture which is able to respond and adjust dynamically to the current needs and circumstances.
These circumstances are often unpredictable, but their consequences can be crucial. The architecture that reacts is the architecture that lives as a living organism, since it responds to the external stimuli and develops because of it.
• Alexander Rieck (Architect, Researcher, Co-Founder of LAVA Laboratory For Visionary Architecture)
• Carlo Ratti (Architect, Founding Partner of Carlo Ratti Associati, Director of the Senseable City Lab)
• Melanie Fessel (Architect, Urban designer, Director at Terreform ONE, Initiator of ONE Odyssey)
• Peter Kuczia (IARP, BAK Architect, author of CO2 Saver House)
• Thom Faulders (Architect, Professor of Architecture at California College of the Arts)
• Vincent Callebaut (Archibiotect, Designer, Lecturer, Founder of Vincent Callebaut Architectures)
1st PRIZE: 2500 USD
2nd PRIZE: 1500 USD
3rd PRIZE: 1000 USD
In addition: 10 honorable mentions will be selected.
We invite architects, students, engineers, biologists, sociologists, designers, thinkers, companies, organizations and everyone interested in the mission of the competition to submit their ideas. No professional qualifications are necessary.
Registration opens in April, 2017
Early Registration: 50 USD until June 1, 2017
Regular Registration: 75 USD until October 1, 2017
Late Registration: 100 USD until November 1, 2017
Project submission deadline: November 2, 2017
Jury deliberation: November, 2017
Winners’ announcement: December 1, 2017
UTC time zone for all dates
Source and images, Courtesy of Laka Competition