Samsung collaborated with Zaha Hadid Architects and digital art and design collective Universal Everything, to present ‘Unconfined’, an installation showcasing the story of the Galaxy S8 that centres on the unity of design, technology and experience.
Visitors journey through an immersive environment inspired by the new device, creating digital installations that bring to life the Galaxy design philosophy. Pioneering research and seamless geometries define the new Galaxy S8 and this new exhibition guides visitors through an architectural landscape divided in two different zones; a wholly immersive space that engages the senses, and a collective area to experience the S8’s unique features.
Interacting with curved screens that float within space, visitors discover the fluidity of the new Samsung device. Graphics from the new phones are sent to the large screens, surrounding visitors with within a swarm of digital creation before they move to the second zone where the wide variety of the S8 innovative features can be explored. Source by Zaha Hadid Architects.
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Architecture & Design: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Design: Patrik Schumacher
- Project Directors: Charles Walker, Johannes Schafelner
- Project Architect: Armando Bussey
- Project Designers: Tommaso Casucci, David Reeves
- Project Team: Alessandra Lazzoni, Katharina Hieger, Catherine McCann, John Allan Gallerie, Sharan Sundar, Ali Abo Tabik
- Project Management: Iris Worldwide
- Concept Development: Iris Worldwide
- Digital Art: Universal Everything Construction, Set Square, Organic Forms Productions
- Client: Samsung
- Year: 2017
- Photographs: Luke Haye, Courtesy of Zaha Hadid Architects