The assignment was to create an overall conceptual structure for the campus by collocation of its existing facilities within the competition area, the area west of the existing campus Gløshaugen.
Compiling a total of 120 000 square meters, the expansion of the university will take place in the period of 2016-2025. Approximately 40 proposals were submitted, before the jury announced KOHT Architects the winner of the two stage competition.
“The proposal substantiates the intention to create a unifying campus. The academic community is unified, and the concentration of the overall structure is making the campus accessible with short distances between these different communities.”, the jury stated in their concluding report.
“By transforming Klæbuveien to an urban street with a diverse program, the proposal contributes to an active interaction between the university and the city”. Source by KOHT Architects.
- Location: Hovedbygningen, Høgskoleringen 1, 7034 Trondheim, Norway
- Architect: KOHT Architects
- Project Team: Anders Olivarius Bjørneseth, Kenneth Larssen Lønning, Jonas Velken Kverneland, Christopher Wilkens
- Landscape Architects: SLA Norge AS
- Transport Consultants: Lars Ole Ødegaard
- Mobility Consultants: Aga Skorupka (LÉVA URBAN DESIGN AS)
- City Planning Consultants: Øystein Grønning (Migrant AS)
- Area: 120000.0 m2
- Year: 2017
- Images: Courtesy of KOHT Architects