Forêt Blanche, that is the name of the project by Stefano Boeri Architetti promoted by Compagnie de Phalsbourg, will be a 54-meter high tower with entirely wooden structures. The facades of Forêt Blanche, designed by Stefano Boeri Architetti, will be covered by 2000 trees, shrubs and plants, with a green surface equivalent to a hectare of forest, 10 times the surface area of the lot on which the building sits.
Forêt Blanche will host residential apartments on the high floors, offices and commercial services in the lower part, with a mix of terraces and balconies on the four sides of the tower. The east and west facing side will allow the passage of sunlight all day, giving natural illumination and ventilation to the apartments and an exceptional panorama on the landscape of central Paris.
Forêt Blanche is one of the 12 architectural structures presented by Compagnie de Phalsbourg on the Marne Europe – Villiers sur Marne site, called Balcon sur Paris. Balcon sur Paris is inserted within the wider framework of “Inventons la Métropole du Grand Paris”, one of the biggest competitions for urban development promoted in the Parisian metropolitan area, that has seen the involvement of 51 sites in total and great names in international architecture.
In addition to Forêt Blanche, Stefano Boeri Architetti has also presented the La Cour Verte project for Balcon sur Paris, a building with courtyard, whose roof touches the ground and, at the center, a hanging garden with a 600 m2 mantle planted with grasses, that is inserted into the innovative and sustainable context of the project, favoring the development of biodiversity. Source by Stefano Boeri Architetti.
- Location: Villiers sur Marne, France
- Architectural project: Stefano Boeri Architetti (La Forêt Blanche, La Cour Verte;
Kengo Kuma & Associates (Sora, Le Palais des Congrès;
Oxo Architectes (Le Potager De Villiers, Business Home);
KOZ Architectes (2 buildings, Archipel);
Michael Green Architecture (Peuplier Blanc, Prairie Blanche);
X-TU (La Ressourcerie, Green Jenga)
- Landscape concept: James Corner Field Operations, Atelier Paul Arène
- Structure, systems and sustainability: Equilibrium (wooden constructions); Sinteo (energy); VS-A Group (facade engineering); Lamoureux Acoustics (acoustics); Transitec (mobility); CASSO & Associés, (accessibility, fire prevention); EDF (energy, smart grid); Schneider Electric (smart building, smart grid); CSTB (consultancy); Aveltys (AMO garantie de charges); Urbagri (urban agriculture); LPO (awareness campaign); Ville Ouverte (coordination); Transdev (parking); Zenpark (parking); Ducks Scéno (Palais des Congrès scenography)
- Coordination: Francesca Cesa Bianchi
- Project leader: Moataz Faissal Farid
- Project Team: Elisa Borghi, Agostino Bucci, Alessandra Magnetti, Sara Gangemi, Paolo Russo, Giulia Chiatante
- Landscape concept: Laura Gatti
- Customer: Compagnie de Phalsbourg
- Investors/Promoters: Compagnie de Phalsbourg, Codeurs et Compagnie (co-investor), Emerige (co-investor)
- Year: 2017
- Images: Stefano Boeri Architetti, Courtesy of 54words