The Archimède project is located in the Bercy neighborhood, a district undergoing redevelopment that runs along railways leading to the Gare de Lyon.
The strategy conceived for the project envisaged greater density along the railway that required only a section of the lot made available.
The choice of a compact volume liberates the ground level and provides the neighbouring school and surrounding area with an unexpected green space, proof that density is not the enemy of open space.
The volumes were developed through a process of adjustment to the urban context rather than a formalist or aesthetic approach, and the treatment of each façade derives directly from its orientation.
Those most exposed to sunlight benefit from a crystalline double skin of vertically pleated printed glass slats which protect the bay windows.
To the north, faceted metallic cladding reproduces the radiance and reflections of the glass and wraps the character of changeability and immateriality around the building. Source by Brenac & Gonzalez & Associés.
- Location: Rue Gerty Archimède, 75012 Paris, France
- Architect: Brenac & Gonzalez & Associés
- Services Engineer: THOR
- Acoustician: CAPRI Acoustique
- Structural Engineer: SCYNA 4
- Façade Engineer: VSA
- Inspection: BTP Consultant
- Landscape architect: Babylone
- Environmental Quality Consultant: THOR
- Artistic intervention: Visual System
- Construction project management: Builders & Partners
- Client: OGIC
- Program: Commercial office building + sports facility
- Surface area: offices: 14,500 m2; gymnasium: 1,500 m2
- Year: 2017
- Photographs: Sergio Grazia, Courtesy of Brenac & Gonzalez & Associés