Laka invites designers from around the world to submit their ideas of ‘architecture that reacts.’ The main focus of the competition is on the solutions that develop through a process of changes and adjustments.
The subject of the competition is architectural, design, or technological solutions that are capable of dynamic interaction with their surroundings.
Alberto T. Estévez, Ana Rewakowicz, Dagmar Reinhardt, Hani Rashid, Paul Clemens Bart, Peter Kuczia, Marvin Bratke
Three main prizes and approximately ten honorable mentions will be selected.
1) Laureates of the main prizes will be
● awarded 1000 USD per team and
● invited to join the ‘Laka Perspectives’ book vol. 2.
2) Laureates of the main prizes and honorable mentions will be
● provided with feedback on their designs by selected experts from the Laka Accelerator,
● presented on Laka’s websites and promoted among Laka’s network of partners, and
● included in future Laka publications related to the competition.
Laureates of the main prizes will be invited to join the ‘Laka Perspectives’ book vol. 2 among such leaders as Toyo Ito (Laureate of the Pritzker Prize 2013 and UIA Gold Medal in 2017, Founder of Toyo Ito & Associates), Carlo Ratti (Director of the Senseable City Lab at MIT, Founder of Carlo Ratti Associati), Peter Kuczia (Founder of Kuczia Architects), Elizabeth Monoian and Robert Ferry (Founding Partners of Land Art Generator Initiative), and Kamil Łabanowicz (Team Leader at AUDI AG).
● Registration opens in April 2018
● Early Registration (April 1st–June 1st): 50 USD
● Regular Registration (June 2nd–October 1st): 75 USD
● Late Registration (October 2nd–November 1st): 100 USD
● Project submission deadline: November 2nd, 2018
● Jury deliberation: November, 2018
● Winners’ announcement: December 1st, 2018
UTC time zone for all dates.
Source and images Courtesy of Laka Competition.