The kindergarten is part of the new residential area in Yu Hang in the east of Hangzhou, China. The three-storey new building is planned for 180 children in 6 groups dependant from their age.
Each group has a separate cluster consisting an own bedroom, changing/bath and playroom. The central area is bounded to the left and right by the stacked volumes of the clusters and to the north by a service volume.
This open three-story high space is like a large atrium and natural light can be used through a big glass roof. The three different levels are accessed by two stairs and have space for different activities and can be used as indoor playgrounds for all children.
The outdoor area is designed with different green areas and an additional sportsfield The simple plastered façade plays with different window formats and color fields. Source by Peter Ruge Architekten.
- Location: Hangzhou, Zheijang Province, China
- Architect: Peter Ruge Architekten
- Architect in charge: Peter Ruge, Matthias Matschewski, Hyesook Ahn, Olivia Grande
- Project partner: DBH Stadtplanungs GmbH, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Zhongshe Engineering Design Co. LtD
- Client: Hangzhou Jiahe Real Estate GmbH
- Size Plot: 2.750 sqm
- Building GFA: 1.970 sqm
- Completion: 2018
- Photographs: Yan Binfeng, Courtesy of Peter Ruge Architekten