The ME Milan Il Duca hotel has collaborated with Zaha Hadid Design to host an exhibition during Salone del Mobile 2019. In honour of the ME Dubai, due to open in December 2019 with its interiors designed by Zaha Hadid, ME by Meliá is dedicating the month of April to the architect and designer, continuing the hotel brand’s commitment to supporting excellence in design.
Investigating the evolution of Zaha Hadid’s formal language, the “Zaha Hadid Design at ME Milan Il Duca” exhibition explores the interrelated fields of architecture and product design. As a singular composition, it presents a variety of works – limited edition furniture pieces, lighting objects, vases and other accessories – manufactured in materials that include glass, marble and ceramics.
“Zaha Hadid Design at ME Milan Il Duca” is a celebration of the studio’s diverse repertoire of designs realised in collaboration with some of the world’s most renowned brands as well as Hadid’s signature collection. The exhibition features:
• Moon System Sofa for B and B Italia
• ZH One Armchair for Cassina
• Mercuric Collection, Tela Shelving and Malea Table for Citco
• Serac Bench for Italian Lab
• Lapp, Weave and Strip vases for Rosenthal
• Cellular and Ribbon hand tufted rugs for Royal Thai
• Aria Suspension Lamp for Slamp
• Z-Chair for Sawaya Moroni
• Crystal Architecture Collection for Lalique
• Zaha Hadid Design Collection
“Zaha Hadid Design x ME Milan Il Duca” exhibition is open until Tuesday 30 April 2019. Originally designed by Aldo Rossi, the ME Milan Il Duca hotel is located in Milan’s Piazza della Repubblica. Source and photo Courtesy of Zaha Hadid Design.