With the growing population, land is constantly seen as a depleting resource and thus has increased real estate prices. Today, the definition of a house has barely boiled down to it being a commodity that constitutes a kitchen, a living area, bedroom and bathroom. This commodity offered is sometimes so inhabitable that it even lacks the basic notion of light and ventilation.
Eventually, all the other additional notions of what a house should offer then become secondary. How do we then redefine a modern living space for a space crunch situation that it is not just habitable, but also restores these essential notions that make it a house?
Design a ‘Living Space’ for a family of 6 (people from 3 generations to be considered). The participants must give a character sketch of the users/family chosen. Based on this, propose a modern way of living in a land crisis scenario for them. Source and images Courtesy of competitions.uni.
- Launch August 21, 2019
- Registration closes: January 2nd 2020
- Submission Deadline: January 12th 2020
- Public Voting begins: January 22nd 2020
- Public Voting ends: February 11th 2020
- Result Announcement: February 21st 2020
- Prize pool of worth 20,000$
- First Prize: 5000$ (For students and professionals)
- Runner Up: 6 x 1100$ (For students and professionals)
- People’s Choice: 4 x 600$ (Open for all)
- Honorable Mention x 12: 500$ Each