With globalisation, the way food is made available to us has transformed enormously. Fine dines of the world to QSRs of the world, food has evolved extensively. Fine dines continue to refine their cuisine and QSRs have become more commercial.
Additionally, food trucks and delivery services are gaining more popularity everyday. It is a resource-intensive industry and all these ways have revolutionised the interaction between the chef and the consumer. Apart from these, there also exist small food joints that are not commercial.
Yet, these eateries continue to remain the heart and soul for serving good quality local cuisine or some speciality. However, such eateries could not expand due to lack of sufficient resources. Can architecture be used as a tool to give new opportunities to these small home-grown joints to expand?
Propose an intervention – The Chefs Palette that offers the best local cuisine/ dishes by the people’s favourite chefs across the USA and elsewhere. Only the best get a chance to serve here and this would change periodically to offer a variety to the visitors.
The structure and interior would remain constant. However, the design should focus on offering varied ambiences such that it’s not just about food consumption but a food experience. Source and images Courtesy of competitions.uni.
- Launch September 28, 2019
- Registration closes: February 10th 2020
- Submission Deadline: February 20th 2020
- Public Voting begins: March 01st 2020
- Public Voting ends: March 22nd 2020
- Result Announcement: April 01st 2020
- Prize pool of worth 20,000$
- First Prize: 5000$ (For students and professionals)
- Runner Up: 6 x 1100$ (For students and professionals)
- People’s Choice: 4 x 600$ (Open for all)
- Honorable Mention x 12: 500$ Each