10 DESIGN has created the ultimate in island living for Bluewaters Residences.It is built on a new man-made island off the coast of Jumeirah Beach Residence in Dubai. To maximise this distinctive location, 10 has integrated a series of private landscape gardens elevated above sea level throughout the residential development, offering a unique viewing gallery to the blue azure horizon.
Bluewaters Residences comprises 10 elegant mid-rise buildings providing 698 apartments, 4 penthouses, and 17 townhouses.The development offers a premium lifestyle with residential amenities including state-of-the-art gymnasiums, swimming pools, landscape gardens, basketball courts, and children’s play areas.
In addition to creating an idyllic neighbourhood and community, Dubai-based holding company – Meraas is committed to create an immersive destination for the entire Bluewaters development, offering retail, hospitality, and entertainment experiences.This tourism hotspot is home to Ain Dubai, the world’s largest observation wheel.It is complemented with a shopping paradise, housing unique retail and dining concepts and two world’s leading hotels by Caesars Palace.
Design Partner, Nick Cordingley, says, “One of the key successful factors for the Bluewaters Residences is that we have been able to steer a challenge into multiple design opportunities.Due to the construction technique of the island, basement space is limited and therefore the design team introduced a ‘podium’ car park structure, which in turn lifted the residential ground floor 10 metres above the surrounding street level. The private realm of the residences could enjoy elevated views out to the ocean and above the public realm of the surrounding streetscape.
We also utilised the ‘podium’ structure to introduce townhouse typology along the western edge, providing living space with direct access to the water edge. The rest of the masterplan integrates arrival spaces to the main circulation spine and accommodates retail and F&B spaces to activate the ‘edges’ of the development, seamlessly integrating with the surrounding commercial streetscape.” Bluewaters is within touching distance of Dubai Marina and is just a short drive from Abu Dhabi.
The development is connected to the mainland by a direct road to Sheikh Zayed Road. There is also a 265 metre pedestrian bridge joining the island to The Beach by Meraas.10 is also the design architect for the Bluewaters Mosque, which seeks to enhance its role within the community, encouraging design innovation while preserving Islamic architectural heritage.More details of the mosque will be followed. Source by 10 Design.
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Architect: 10 Design
- Design Partner: Nick Cordingley
- Partner: Chris Jones
- Project Team: David Emmer, Rita Pang, Javier Perea, Jason Easter, Marco Bonucci, Alexander Li, Inigo Arrotegui, Lukasz Wawrzenczyk, Dan Narita, Alexey Golbraykh, Harris Chu, Kishor Lad, Vincent Fung, Jamie Webb, Kevis Wong, Silan Yip, Yao Yap, Jonathan Van Der Stel, Nick Benner, Janet Tam, Nick Chan, Lynn Kim, Warith Zaki, Jane Yu, Jinjing Yu, Rachel Xia, Colin Ashton, Yao Ma, Liang Wang, George Aguirre, Sean Quinn, Ka Wai Tse, Eugene de Villiers
- CGI Team: Peter Alsterholm, Yasser Salomon, Jon Martin, Laura Simonsen, David Guardado
- Development Manager: Mirage Leisure and Development
- Local Architect, Structural Engineer: Brewer Smith Brewer Gulf
- MEP Engineer: CKR Consulting
- Landscape Designer: EDSA
- Traffic Engineer: Aurecon
- Quantity Surveyor: Omnium, Meraas
- Fire & Life Safety Engineer, Vertical Transport Engineer: WSP
- Façade Lighting Designer: Neolight
- Contractor: ASGC, Kier
- Client: Meraas
- Site Area: 63,670 sqm
- Total GFA: 115,283 sqm
- Year: 2019
- Photographs: Meraas, Eugene de Villiers, Rafael Vargas, Leslie Pableo, Courtesy of 10 DESIGN