Sports is the cry of triumph, the tears of joy, the beating of chest when your team loses in nail biting crusade. Gathering up on streets in front of a TV, listening to the radio broadcast in a remote village or watching with your friends on a 52-inch screen – the euphoria with which the whole country cheers is unparalleled.
A community lives its best experience when everyone is interacting under the same roof. And sports have the potential to provide such a platform. Unfortunately, a dense city fabric, work-life and technology has changed viewing patterns. An in-person experience has taken precedence over community integration.
This has led to increased social isolation, lack of by road activity, a disappearing community fabric and hence unsafe dead streets. How can an activity that plays within the confines of four walls be shifted back to the streets? Without disrupting the pattern of virtual consumption.
Challenge is to design an interactive sports hub, where people can come together, watch and enjoy a sports event. To recreate the atmosphere of a stadium for fans who can’t watch it live. A temporary structure that will act as a hotspot for public integration and that can be installed in different neighborhoods of the city. Source and images Courtesy of competitions.uni.
- Launch December 03, 2019
- Registration closes: April 16th 2020
- Submission Deadline: April 26th 2020
- Public Voting begins: May 06th 2020
- Public Voting ends: May 27th 2020
- Result Announcement: June 06th 2020
- Prize pool of worth 20,000$
- First Prize: 5000$ (For students and professionals)
- Runner Up: 6 x 1100$ (For students and professionals)
- People’s Choice: 4 x 600$ (Open for all)
- Honorable Mention x 12: 500$ Each