Made to disappear. This is how the concept for this house on the island of Mallorca is presented, a few meters from the shore of the Mediterranean sea. The house is made up of a set of pieces that move in one direction, offering exterior spaces as patios between the various volumes that contain the different interior uses.
Thus, with this movement, a volume is fragmented into small parts, giving each of them a unique character and their own autonomy. The house is conceived with natural materials, but built with current technology, paying attention to economy, precision and continuity.
The lay-out on the ground floor maximizes the relationship with the exterior and prioritizes the views of the sea through large openings protected from solar incidence by eaves that generate large exterior terraces.
Various starting points justify the formal and technical strategies that have been adopted for its design. Firstly, special attention is given to landscape integration. Secondly, its adaptability is valued, both to the environment where it is located and to the surrounding vegetation.
The fundamental aspects regarding its sustainability are also considered through technical solutions based on an innovated tradition that allows generating comfort spaces. Finally, special emphasis is placed on the user experience, offering spaces to enjoy the landscape and outdoor space with the necessary privacy. Source by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos.
- Location: Mallorca, Spain
- Architect: Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
- Principal in Charge: Fran Silvestre, Sevak Asatrián
- Interior Design: Alfaro Hofmann
- Collaborators: María Masià, Pablo Camarasa, Estefanía Soriano, Sandra Insa, Ricardo Candela, Vicente Picó, Rubén March, Jose Manuel Arnao, Rosa Juanes, Gemma Aparicio, Paz Garcia-España, Ángel Pérez, Juan Fernandez, Javi Hinojosa, Pau Ricós, Andrea Baldo, Blanca Larraz, Jorge Puig, Carlos Lucas, Miguel Massa, Paloma Feng
- Collaborating Designer: Alicia Simón
- MArch Architecture and Design: Pablo Larroulet, Gino Brollo, Ángelo Brollo
- Financial Manager: Ana de Pablo
- Marketing and Communication: Sara Atienza
- Year: 2020
- Images: Courtesy of Fran Silvestre Arquitectos