Tagline – Designing service stations of tomorrow
Host: Hybrid Futures
Population is directly proportional to the number of vehicles on the road. In lieu, city fabrics are being designed to facilitate vehicular circulation. They also contribute significantly to increased density and pollution. Alternatives like electric, hybrid, autonomous cars and public mobility are being implemented to displace the traditional prototype.
BCG, a global consulting firm reports that If fuel retailers don’t adjust their model, it will render 45%-60% of service stations unprofitable by 2035. Many lack a convenience store component and therefore depend completely on fuel sales. Stations can no longer be dependent on its service of pumping fuel to earn commerce.
To be profitable, it needs to open to other avenues. Recently, Elon Musk floated the idea of building retro drive cinemas at Tesla charging points. Intent to holistically integrate the public and provide services for all possible modes of transit. Equally embrace user experience as well as commerce.
Brief is to choose an existing service station and redesign it to facilitate vehicles driven (diesel, gas, hybrid, electric, autonomous). A public space where all forms of technology that will drive transportation in future coexist. Source and images Courtesy of competitions.uni. http://competitions.uni.xyz
- Launch: February 19, 2020
- Submission Deadline: 29th Sep 2020
- Public Voting begins: 20th Oct 2020
- Public Voting ends: 14th Nov 2020
- Result Announcement: 26th Nov 2020
- Prize pool of worth: 20,000$
- First Prize: 5000$ (For students and professionals)
- Runner Up: 6 x 1100$ (For students and professionals)
- People’s Choice: 4 x 600$ (Open for all)
- Honorable Mention: 12 x 500$ Each