The Uyuni Salt Flat Shelter contest seeks a re-encounter with nature and with the human being within solitude Acceleration, instantaneousness, immediacy, technologization … The daily life of the human being has been subsumed under synchronous devices such as watches and mobile phones, generating a stressed society, which has lost all trace of its biological temporality and of its life in common with the middle.
Here in the salar, all the technology disappears. All computerization is not possible. Can a project promote other ways of life that are more leisurely, relaxed and in relation to nature? Can architecture give us the possibility of making up for that lost time? A time in dialogue with nature What is the basis for doing this type of architecture? Source and images Courtesy of reTHINK!NG.
- Prizes – 5000 Euros, There will be a special recognition for the 13 best proposals, giving a prize of a total of € 5,000 distributed as follows:
- First prize: 3.500 € (2.000 € Program MArch included)
- Second prize: 1.000 €
- Third premio: 500 €
- ReTH!NKING Special Award: Inscripción Concurso (50 €)
- 10 Honourable mentions: No economic prize
- April 1st 2020: Early registration starts
- May 6th 2020: Early registration ends
- June 19th 2020: 18:00 h (Madrid Time): Submission deadeline
- July 2020: Winners announcement and media diffusion
- Fran Silvestre Navarro – Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
- Guillermo Rubio Boronat – Editor TC Cuadernos
- Sevak Asatrián – MArch Investigación
- Zé Carlos Oliveira – Noarq estudio de arquitectura