The definition of Thermal Bath has changed. From a place to heal and recover from diseases, it has become a destination for social integration. They are now a local catchment for tourists, contributing significantly to the economy and contextual rejuvenation of cities.
Be it baths of Budapest, lagoons of Iceland or springs of Japan – they are popular tourist destinations. An avenue for people to maneuver and in the process redefine what thermal bath has meant in historic times.
Aim of the challenge is to design a thermal bath that expands beyond its function of being a place to heal. A place to gather and socialize, that adds value to the local context. Source and images Courtesy of uni.
- Registration Closes: 19th Oct, 2020
- Submission Deadline: 3rd Nov, 2020
- Result Announcement: 31st Dec, 2020
- Prize pool of worth: 20,000$
- First Prize: 5000$ (For students and professionals)
- Runner Up: 6 x 1100$ (For students and professionals)
- People’s Choice: 4 x 600$ (Open for all)
- Honorable Mention x 12: 500$ Each
Location: Hveragerði, Iceland
Tagline: Thermal Bath in Iceland
Typology: Thermal Bath