Public spaces form an important spine for any scale of city. Users benefit from these in multiple ways such as, it is used as a place for exercising, place for relaxation, public gathering, community discussion or performances etc. It provides the user an opportunity to interact with the society.
For metropolitan cities, it is also used as a breather for fresh air in an open piece of land. However, with the sudden advent of Covid-19, many of these uses have gone for a toss! Surprisingly, people’s notion for a public space has also undergone transformation due to this very reason.
Design Street Furniture that can be placed in Public Spaces- Sidewalks, neighborhood parks and plazas. The proposed design should be a take over existing street furniture following the Physical Distancing Norm.
There is no limit to the size of the proposal. However, an attempt should be made at designing the same in a compact size such that the efficiency of the overall space can be maximised whilst abiding Physical Distancing. Source and images Courtesy of uni.xyz.
- Registration Closes: 27th Dec, 2020
- Submission Deadline: 12th Jan, 2021
- Result Announcement: 11th Mar, 2021
- Prize pool of worth: 24,000$
- First Prize: 6000$ (For students and professionals)
- Runner Up: 6 x 1400$ (For students and professionals)
- People’s Choice: 4 x 600$ (Open for all)
- Honorable Mention: 12 x 600$ Each