Luca Poian Forms has been announced as the winners of the international RIBA competition for the design of a new mosque in Preston, Lancashire.
The client was looking for a truly inspirational design to create a timeless landmark building on a site near to Preston city centre and visible from the surrounding area.
The competition provided a unique opportunity to design a building which will become a proud part of Preston’s skyscape for many years to come.
The international competition attracted over 200 entries from 40 different countries. Five up-and-coming practices were shortlisted for the second phase, Blankpage Architects (Lebanon), Borough Architects + buchhandler-nelli + elca (UK), Luca Poian Forms (UK), Mcheileh Studio (USA) and Tabe Shouri (USA). Source by Luca Poian Forms.
- Location: Preston, UK
- Architect: Luca Poian Forms
- Design Team: Luca Poian, Mohammed Rahmany, Luciano Preci
- Structural Engineer: Price & Myers
- Service Engineer: Skelly & Couch
- Quantity Surveyor: Bristow Consulting
- Status: International Design Competition, 1st Prize
- Site area: 8,850m2
- Building area: 990m2
- Total floor area: 1,685m2
- Year: 2021
- Images: Filippo Bolognese Images, Courtesy of Luca Poian Forms