ELASTICOFarm proposal for SILK- FAW was born and built inside the studio’s model laboratory. Just as the shape of a car is defined by the aerodynamic forces at play, our building is shaped by the natural forces that flow through the project site.
The architecture takes on the role of pre-existence, it has a classical value, an environmental infrastructure that does not change with the product or the style of the moment, but allows for the necessary functional flexibility.
The directional complex emerges from water. Some volumes, like geological elements, are generated by the seabed, the other lighter wooden volumes, connected to the roof, are reflected in the water. Water is the main material and reconnects the different parts and the different architectural, technological and landscape contents.
The communicative element positioned near the A1 highway, using light and vaporized water, will narrate the characteristics of the place and its climate. Source by ELASTICOFarm.
- Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Architect: ELASTICOFarm
- Design Team: Stefano Pujatti, Alberto Del Maschio, Daniele Almondo, Valeria Brero, Marco Burigana, Fabio Cerina, Morena Gagliardi, Fabio Gazzola, Serena Nano, Andrea Rosada, Alessandro Signori, Simone Zambon
- Consultant: CZ Studio Associati
- Status: Invited Competition in one stage
- Year: 2021
- Images: Courtesy of ELASTICOFarm