Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) partnership with PUBG MOBILE has evolved from our ongoing research in to user-experience (UX) focussed design, new technologies of spatial design, novel media of spatial experience, and inter-disciplinary collaboration.
Reflecting our long-standing interest in the spatial web, cyberspaces and more recently, the metaverse, the partnership with PUBG MOBILE has reinforced our commitment to advancing the collaborative, designer-friendly, spatial UX-focussed parametric design technologies explored by ZHA’s Computation and Design research group (ZHA CODE) over the past two decades.
Parametric design and search for learning from game-development, computer graphics professions and virtual production pipelines that share deep synergies with the development of of our architecture and urbanism.
The medical centre is incorporated within the unranked mode of PUBG MOBILE’s Erangel map. ZHA’s spatial designs for the medical centre consider user experience, interaction and navigational aspects that are adapted to game play and first person gaming scenarios.
The virtual architecture is designed as three interlocking buildings that each relate to possible disciplines within a hospital of the future: robotic surgery, anti-ageing/longevity research, recuperation, and preventative diagnostic medicine.
The furniture has been designed in accordance with these themes. One of the medical centre’s key design features is its central open atrium which provides players with a clear understanding of how to navigate the building. Source by Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA).
- Location: Metaverse
- Design: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
- ZHA Principal: Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Project Team: Edward Meyers, Jianfei Chu, Caleb Baldwin, Vishu Bhooshan, Henry David Louth, Shajay Bhooshan, Bidisha Sinha
- Game Application & Development: PUBG-M Development Team, LightSpeed & Quantum, Tencent Games, KRAFTON
- Documentation ZHA: Edward Meyers, Jianfei Chu, Vishu Bhooshan, Shajay Bhooshan, PUBG MOBILE Publishing Team, Taylor Made Media
- Year: 2022
- Images: Courtesy of Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)