Currently under construction, this mausoleum offers a place of refuge and contemplation that takes the form of two self-supporting brick parabolic cones.
The cones are titled at different angles, creating a ring-shaped passage that loops around the main space. The passageway culminates in a double-arched entryway that opens onto a sanctuary overlooking the crypt.
The passageway invites mourners to circumambulate the crypt, offering a powerful ritual journey defined by the shifting spatial experience created by the tilted cones.
A pair of elliptical skylights top the cones, offering views of passing clouds through a weightless pair of curving brick planes. Source by CAZA.
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Architect: CAZA
- Project Team: Carlos Arnaiz, Laura Del Pino, Ignacio Revenga, Meng Huang, Yifeng Wang, Jin Yuan
- AOR: Paolo Salang
- Structural: Macro Consulting Structural Engineers
- Electrical: ATM Engineering
- Sanitary & Fire: JMRT Engineering
- Mechanical: LRPA
- Contractor: Excell
- Size: 723 SQF
- Expected Completion: 2022
- Images: Courtesy of CAZA