The health resort park in Horyniec Zdrój in the south-east part of Poland, just a few kilometers from the board with Ukraine, was originally founded in the 1930s by the Karłowski family and it was destroyed during World War II.
In the years 2013 – 2015 the municipality of Horyniec-Zdrój decided to revitalize the park with the help of the architectural office, RYSY Architekci.
The whole project was a great challenge for the whole multi-branch team under the leadership of Rafał Sieraczyński, the main designer and the owner of RYSY Architekci.
The designers set a goal for themselves to emphasize the health-focused character of the place. For the last years the historical shape of the park with its central axis was lost.
It was necessary to design a new layout with clear separations of space with addition of dynamic forms of the new buildings: the amphitheater and the pump room.
The idea was that functionally independent buildings were designed to be visually equal and at the same time they dominate the closure of the main axis of the park.
The spatial disparities were particularly influenced by soil conditions in the health resort park: in the southern and northern part of the area – the wetland with natural vegetation.
In this area, the designers proposed terraces which merge the entire layout of the park: leisure and walking paths with viewpoints on the natural area.
The central part of the park stays as an open space for all kinds of recreation. The park amenities were designed individually using natural local materials.
As a result, the health resort park in Horyniec Zdrój was inscribed in the region’s tissue becoming the place eagerly visited by locals and visitors. Source by RYSY Architekci.
- Location: aleja Przyjaźni 1, 37-620 Horyniec-Zdrój, Poland
- Architect: RYSY Architekci
- Lead Architects: Rafał Sieraczyński, Agnieszka Bernas, Agata Kolwas, Bartłomiej Gasparski, Artur Przedzienkowski, Mariusz Drabik, Katarzyna Grabińska, Wojciech Pytel, Przemysław Tymoszuk, Robert Zyskowski
- Structural design: Marcin Karczmarczyk, Tadeusz Raczkiewicz, Anna Kurek
- Sanitary systems: Wojciech Raczkiewicz, Krystyna Żółkiewska
- Electric systems: Marcin Rowicki, Daniel Wereszczyński
- Client: Municipal Office of Horyniec Zdrój
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 803 m2
- Year: 2016
- Photographs: Piotr Krajewski, Courtesy of RYSY Architekci