Construction of 60 housing in R + 7, avenue Germaine Tillion , along the tramway, as part of the development of the ZAC Consuls de Mer – Port Marianne in Montpellier by Jean Nouvel.
The project has in particular worked on the organization of spaces and (Bioclimatic design), choice of materials (sustainable and Perennials), management of green spaces (ordinary biodiversity, 3 strata Vegetables), circulation and accessibility (comfort of soft mobility).
The building is a simple L-shaped volume raised on its concrete piers Whose two east and west facades are protected from the heat of the sun by Balconies / decking with generous dimensions (minimum width 2,70m).
The facade filter finely chiseled like a precious stone, is prolonged by the golden color of the bottom of the loggias. This treatment redefines the identity of the building in the urban sequence which it forms part and contributes to its urban expression.
The project offers a variety of accommodation, with different orientations and all organized around shared qualities: double or triple orientation of housing; Extension of all accommodation units by exterior balcony / Terrace. Source by TETRARC and IMAGINE architects
- Location: Montpellier, France
- Architect: TETRARC and IMAGINE architects
- Lead Architects: Claude Jolly assisted by TimothéNaux and Antoine Denieau
- Urbanist: Jean Nouvel
- Control Office: Qualiconsult
- Structure engineering: BET Brinas
- Thermic engineering: BET AIC
- Fluid engineering: BG Ingénierie
- Firms: Ent. Giraud , Ent . Kone, Ent Sobelec, Ent S.E.T , Ent Gauthier
- Clients: M&A Promotion
- Gross Built Area: 4248 m2
- Year: 2017
- Photographs: Marie-Caroline Lucat, Courtesy of TETRARC