The Cabildo of Lanzarote has been trying since 1989 to reactivate and enhance the cultural attractiveness of Arrecife. The main objective of this project is to convert the El Almacén plaza (Arrecife) into an urban point of culture and social meeting. And with this contest it is intended to take an important step for it since the proposal will be built.
• Sustainability and energy efficiency. The square with an area of more than 1000 m² can be a source of solar use either for the activities that are going to be developed as a possible source of power for the El Almacen building.
• Environmental Protection. The intervention must be respectful with the Environment, proposing a sustainable use.
• Treatment of facades of the surrounding buildings. The dividing wall of the adjacent building will be used as a white screen of Video Mapping that of a changing aspect to the square.
• Shadow: Elements will be available to hang different elements that shade the square. In addition to the need to include vegetation.
• Accessibility: it must be accessible to all people with reduced mobility.
• Tours. Access must be provided for vehicles for loading and unloading at specific times. The rest of the time will be a pedestrian square (and environment).
• Polyvalence: the mixture and the different uses should be encouraged.
The Cabildo of Lanzarote has a Budget for the execution of the same of 350,000 Euros. Source and images Courtesy of reTHINKING.
First prize € 6,000 + construction
Second prize € 4,000
Third prize € 2,000