In the latest edition of Hostelco 2018, the project of Boma studio and Carmela Martí , ‘Immerse yourself into a textile ocean’, located at Hostelco – Live Hotel, became a must see for all the fair attendees.
The room transported the visitors directly to the sea in every way, wrapping them in a curtain ocean with a full spectrum of deep blues and the sound of the waves and the fresh scent of the water.
A small haven of tranquility which was attended by many people who wanted to take a break from the hectic pace of the fair.
This original idea, whose design was by BoMa estudio, is a “performance” to transmit the conviction that the ‘New Hotel’ is not only a place to spend the night, but a place where visitors look for new experiences.
Hotels become a destination themselves in which you can find art, music, imagination and ambiences where all the senses are involved.
Furthermore, Carmela Martí demonstrates the immense potential of textile to transform any space.
The technique used to capture the sea on the fabric is digital printing, whose technical developments enable these fabrics to be used in the hospitality sector.
This opens up many possibilities to carry out all kinds of projects, totally customized and original.
This is just the beginning of what BoMa and Carmela Martí can accomplish. Creativity knows no bounds and it appears that they are willing to prove it. Source by Boma studio.
- Location: Hostelco, Live Hotel, Barcelona, Spain
- Architecture and Interior Design: BoMa estudio
- Product Design: Carmela Martí Decoración
- Project Team: Mamen Pérez, Rocío Martí, Silvia Bonet, Carmela Martí, Pablo gomar
- Collaborators: Resuinsa Hotel Linen Experience
- Contractor: Vicente Gómez Decoración
- Site Area: 31,50 m2
- Year: 2018
- Photographs: Guillermo Milián, Courtesy of BoMa studio