New science and technology museum for Xingtai, , the oldest city in northern China. The flowing building represents the dynamic approach of the scientific development in China.
The aim of the project is to emphasise Xingtai’s role as a scientific and technological hotspot in the province of Hebei. Building up on Xingtais history of astronomers, engineers and other scientists, the project reflects past, current and future approaches of cutting edge economic, ecologic and building technologies.
The building will be designed with new structural concepts, hosting plus energy systems and will display the rich Chinese traditional culture, showcasing scientific and technological achievements the city, the province and China has offer.
After a competition organized by China Building Centre, Coop Himmelb(l)au were able to secure the victorious position, because of an approach based on the historical endeavors of the great men and women of the area. Source by Coop Himmelb(l)au.
- Location: Xingtai, China
- Architect: Coop Himmelb(l)au
- Design Principal: Wolf D. Prix
- Partner: Markus Prossnigg
- Project Lead: Alexander Ott, Benjamin Schmidt
- Project Coordination: Lei Feng
- Project Team: Yichen Lu, Shir Katz, Leonard Kern, Diana Kalimullina, Harry Varnavas, Daniel Bolojan, Paul Biernat
- Model Building: Nam La Chi, Irem Coskun, Christos Grapas, Thanasis Farangas,
- Zarah-Fey La
- 3D Visualization: Constantin Papachrisotpoulos, Tudor Sabau
- Animation: Jan Rancke
- Graphic Design: Johannes Qiu
- Structural Engineering: B+G Ingenieure, Bollinger und Grohmann GmbH, Vienna, Austria
- Air Quality Consultant: CMb.industries GmbH, Linz, Austria
- Energy Design: Energy Design Cody Consulting GmbH, Graz, Austria,
- Client: City of Xingtai
- Year: 2019
- Images: Courtesy of Coop Himmelb(l)au