With more and more people shifting to the cities, real estate prices have been on a hike. These prices rise exponentially as we move closer to the city center. However, with this price increase, the carpet area we get in return does not increase. Infact it may decrease.
In the current scenario, time has become equivalent to money for many. Thus, living closest to work becomes a priority. However, this shouldn’t mean that we compromise on our living spaces.
Design a ‘Living Space’ for 3 people (participants are free to choose these people). Based on this, propose a modern way of living in a tiny Apartment Typology for them. Focus should be given on the transforming nature of the spaces proposed.
The space should be flexible enough to accommodate for different scenarios such as a guest staying over or a house party or group study or exercising etc. (depending on the character sketch of the users). How is the designed space capable of adapting to such dynamic changes will be important for this challenge. Source and images Courtesy of UNYT.
- Registration Closes: 23rd Nov, 2020
- Submission Deadline: 8th Dec, 2020
- Result Announcement: 4th Feb, 2020
- Prize pool of worth: 20,000$
- First Prize: 5000$ (For students and professionals)
- Runner Up: 6 x 1100$ (For students and professionals)
- People’s Choice: 4 x 600$ (Open for all)
- Honorable Mention x 12: 500$ Each
- Tagline: Designing a modern-day way of life
- Host: UNYT
- Location: Worldwide
- Discipline: Architecture
- Typology: Residential