One Hundred is a new residential tower overlooking Forest Park in St. Louis. The tower, Studio Gang’s first project in the city, will rise to over 380 feet and include retail, amenities, parking, and residential apartments with views of the park to the west and the Gateway Arch to the east.
our-story tiers are stacked over the height of the tower. The facade is angled to create generous outdoor spaces on top of each tier, providing terraces for a quarter of the apartments, as well as shared amenity space for the resident community atop the green roof podium.
Working to enhance the opportunities provided by the site orientation and environmental forces, the building’s leaf-shaped plan and tiered massing maximize its performance, reducing overall energy load and increasing occupant comfort.
The building reflects the changing light and weather in Forest Park, providing a dynamic backdrop for foliage and snowfall alike. The apartments are specifically designed to connect people to views of Forest Park and the Gateway Arch.
Each apartment features its own corner living room with double exposures that, in addition to offering panoramic views, enhance the amount and quality of daylight within the units.
The design of the building also provides for niche public and retail spaces at ground level adjacent to the park and defines a wider, more generous public streetscape, strengthening pedestrian connections between the Central West End district and Forest Park. Source by Studio Gang.
- Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
- Architect: Studio Gang
- Residential Interiors: Mac Development
- Structural engineer: Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- MEP engineer: dbHMS
- Design/Build mechanical engineer: Charles E. Jarrell Contracting Co, Sachs Electric Company, DeLuca Plumbing
- Civil engineer: Stock & Associates Consulting Engineers
- Fire Protection: FIRE Solutions
- Landscape architect: Arbolope Studio
- Façade consultant: Studio NYL
- Lighting consultant: MorLights
- Pool consultant: Counsilman-Hunsaker
- Parking consultant: WGI
- Code consultant: Code Consultants
- Vertical transportation consultant: Jenkins & Huntington
- Specifications consultant: Core 10 Architecture
- Construction Manager & General Contractor: Clayco
- Client: Mac Properties
- Size: 520,000 sf / 380 ft / 316 units
- Built: 2020
- Photographs: Sam Fentress, Tom Harris, Courtesy of Studio Gang