New business incubator and office building; “Turbosealtech”, designed by New Wave architecture. The project is located in Pardis Technology Park, in suburb of Tehran, aims to provide a platform for people to research and innovate.
Pardis Technology Park is made up of developments by architects from Iran, and this project continues this pattern of expressing the vision of Iranian architects through its design team. Turbosealtech is a medium-size project and the area is 2500 square meters.
The design approach focused on an interaction between technology, site, function and landscape. With considerations toward continuity of site views, heat control and function of the building, the form was generated. The volume of the building is drawn out of the ground, creates a visually beautiful skyline and harmony with the environment.
The exterior of the building is wrapped in a glass envelope, helps allow in natural light and the aluminum profiles on the outer layer, controls the internal heat gain. The exposed structure used for the interior, is taken from the form of the building which represents characteristic structure of industrial buildings.
The glass pyramid shaped building is divided into five horizontal levels that are well connected vertically by a transparent lift. The interior spaces are designed in a way to enhance interaction between users.
Offices are located on upper levels and an open plan workhouse is designed in a transparent enclosure on the lower levels where gives visitors a chance to observe company’s production. The entrance is located in the triangle corner of the building, motivates users to enter the building.
The cut-out roof creates a terrace which brings in natural light and air and forms a shared outdoor space for both visitors and employees to have an access to fresh air, interact and accomplish their work. The inclined roof is voided throughout to create a green corridor from ground to roof to create a dynamic space, reduce building temperature and energy consumption.
A water tank is also embedded next to the building to collect rainwater which will be used for the irrigation purposes and non-potable uses. Source by New Wave Architecture.
- Location: Pardis Science & Technology Park, Tehran, Iran
- Architect: New Wave Architecture
- Principal and Director: Lida Almassian, Shahin Heidari
- Project Team: Soheila Zahedi, Sheida Ghotbi, Pary Pour Moghadam, Maryam Shokouhi, Shirin Zeaei, Ilnaz Ashayerei, Niloufar Moradi, Golrokh Heydarian
- Structural, Mechanical & Electrical Consultant: New Wave Architecture
- Structural Design Supervisor: Hamed Jilani
- Structural Design Team: Matin Mohammadpour, Melika Sandani
- Façade Contractor: Pars Amoud Co
- Client: Turbosealtech company
- Area: 2500 sqm
- Year: 2022
- Photographs: Parham Taghioff, Courtesy of New Wave Architecture