SPF:architects (SPF:a) is pleased to share construction has topped out at WE3 at Water’s Edge, a six-story creative office building in commercially robust Playa Vista, CA.
Designed by SPF:a, the 183,000 square foot structure encompasses four floors of open workspace and four levels of parking (two subterranean, one at grade and one above grade) with the upper floors of the structure wrapped in a signature, “floating,” perforated aluminum skin.
The $80 million project, which broke ground April 2018, is the third and final structure of the sprawling Water’s Edge campus, a 6.5-acre block located at the intersection of Lincoln and Jefferson boulevards. WE3 is being developed by Rockwood Capital and Marshall Property & Development. McCarthy Building Companies is overseeing construction.
In October, Nike leased the two upper floors. The famed athletics brand will join a number of other tony tenants already operating on the campus, including Electronic Arts, LA Fitness, ad agency Doner and entertainment company Pop Media Group. Work is expected to wrap May 2020. Source by SPF:architects.
- Location: Playa Vista, California, USA
- Architect: SPF:architects
- Project team: Zoltan E. Pali, Judit M. Fekete-Pali, Damon Surfas, Eric Wall, Natalie May
- Parking: two levels subterranean, one at grade, one above grade, 610 spaces
- Size: 183,000 square feet
- Cost: $80 Million
- Year: 2019
- Images: Courtesy of SPF:architects