The ‘Future Cities’ monographic exhibition examines the innovations shaping 21st century urbanism and traces Zaha Hadid Architects’ (ZHA) projects that are redefining urban landscapes around the world.
Charting ZHA’s multi-disciplinary approach in developing new ideas and concepts to improve how the industry designs and constructs, the exhibition showcases the investigative spirit within their architecture.
In more than 70 award-winning built works to date, and 60 projects currently in development across six continents, ZHA is one of the world’s most consistently inventive architectural studios; collaborating with visionary clients, communities and industry experts worldwide.
ZHA’s architecture has evolved from their research into the organic organizational and structural systems of the natural world. These systems are evident within China’s historic architectural traditions explored by the late Zaha Hadid on her first journeys through China more than 40 years ago.
Marrying pioneering digital design methods with ecologically sound materials and sustainable construction practices, ZHA does not look at the disparate parts, but works to understand them as a whole; delivering practical solutions to the defining challenges of our era.
As technological advancements rapidly change the way we live, work and interact, the spirit of creativity and innovation within ZHA’s architecture is defined by the myriad of possibilities that enable urban societies to flourish.
Patrik Schumacher, principal of ZHA, explains: “The motivation to move into cities, ever larger, ever denser cities, and into ever larger buildings, is clear: we come together to network, to synergize knowledge, to exchange and to cooperate.”
“In the future, even more than is evident already now, this super-dense build up will be a mixed-use build up, where multiple life-processes intersect. These life-processes need to be ordered in intricate ways that nevertheless remain legible and thereby empowering.” Source by Zaha Hadid Architects.
- Location: Future Design Arts Centre, Gongyuan Avenue, Eastern New Area, Chengdu, China
- Exhibition Curation: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Principal of Zaha Hadid Architects: Patrik Schumacher
- Exhibition Design and Graphics: Zaha Hadid Architects
- ZHA Overall Exhibition Design and Curation: Satoshi Ohashi, Manon Janssens, Yang Jingwen, Juan Liu, Di Ding, Nan Jiang, Feifei Fan, Haotian Man, I-Chun Lin, Lianyuan Ye, Meng Zhao, Sanxing Zhao, Shuaiwei Li, Yanran Lu, Ziming He, Ziyan Xu
- ZHA Multimedia: Henry Virgin
- ZHA Research Teams: ZH VR, ZH Interiors, ZH AI, ZH Social, ZH Sustainability, ZH CODE
- Exhibition Contractor: Shanghai Tongji Architecture Interior Design & Construction
- Date exhibition: until 08 May 2022
- Photographs: Liang Xue, Courtesy of Zaha Hadid Architects